Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Morning

This I wrote on Christmas morning after an almost sleepless night. Feeling down, I was about to write my sad thoughts, and instead God gave me this to write. I felt like a new person afterward, my heart was light and happy. Gracias a Dios por todo.

Jesus
My Savior and Redeemer
My All in All
My Comforter and Help in trouble
My Joy and my Strength
My Friend, faithful to the end
My King and Lord
Who loves me more than His own life
My reason for living and my Teacher
My counselor and Father
(My loving Father)
How I want to be with You
How I want to feel Your presence
For You are everything good
And I am dust
And nothing more than a flower
that grows and then wilts in the heat
Withers when there is no water

I am not alone
For God is with me
He will never leave me or forsake me
He will be to me a husband
And Father
And I will live with joy because of Him
Like a child with her parent
I will trust and not be afraid
I will never be alone
Because God, my precious Jesus,
Is with me
God with us
Emmanuel

There is peace, strength, and joy
In the cross of Jesus.

1 comment:

Mary Snead said...

Felicia, I don't know if you will get this or not. I am a Pastor's wife in Huntsville, Texas. I have read all of your blogs posted at "At Home in Honduras" and I just wanted to know how you have touched my heart. I was preparing the bulletin for tomorrow's service and wanted to hear the tune to "At First I Prayed for Light" because I couldn't remember how it sounded. So I goggled it and your blog came up. I was so blessed reading it. I am going to share it tomorrow in Sabbath School for my "Sabbath School Remarks" and for the Mission Story. I don't know if you are still in Honduras, but where ever God has you, I and my church will start praying for you and the children you minister to. Is there anything we can send you?
Mary Snead
Huntsville SDA
Huntsville, Texas
kitchnaide@yahoo.com